Julie Mayfield is a freelance writer and blogger specializing in personal finance and lifestyle topics. She is the creator of two blogs: The Family CEO and Creating This Life. She has written for the U.S. News & World Report and Houston Chronicle websites and is a contributor to The U.S. News Guide to Paying for College. Julie has appeared in Woman’s Day magazine and on NBC’s TODAY show, is the mother of two young adults, and lives with her husband in Overland Park, KS.
In August 2013, Julie and her daughter Lindsey appeared on NBC’s TODAY show discussing college costs.
The following sites and publications have featured The Family CEO:
• Outsmart Debt Like a Mom, Nerdwallet.com, March 2017
• How I Ditched Debt: The Family CEO, Nerdwallet.com, March 2017
• Artists in Business Podcast, March 2017
• Q&A with Julie Mayfield of The Family CEO, ValuePengiun.com, March 2015
• Couple Money Podcast, October 2014
• Personal Finance Interview with Julie Mayfield, Mint.com, March 2014
• Six Low-Cost Ways to Save on Your Holiday Gifts, Fox Business, November 2011
• Twice the College Advice, U.S. News & World Report