In January I began posting some of my favorite quotes paired with pictures on the Family CEO Facebook page and you guys really responded! Apparently you like quotes as much as I do.
Because not everyone sees the Facebook posts, I’m sharing the five most popular quotes here. That’s #5 up above, and #4 through #1 are at the bottom of this post. Before I get to them, however, a quick note about Facebook.
Some time back Facebook changed their algorithm, or the way they decide which posts users see in their Facebook news feeds. What this means is that users aren’t seeing every post (or sometimes any posts) from individual pages that they’ve liked.
As a blogger, it’s discouraging; the Family CEO Facebook page has over 1800 likes, yet only a small number of you see the page’s posts in your news feed. As a user it’s also frustrating, as I don’t see many of the posts from the pages that I’ve liked.
I’m not here to complain about Facebook; I understand why they made the change. They want to improve the user experience by showing in news feeds the posts that they know users like, or the most popular content.
What I do want to do is share with you a couple of things that might improve your personal user experience based on the way Facebook now works:
- First, when you like, comment on, or share posts on The Family CEO Facebook page (or any Facebook page) you will see more of the posts from that page and so will others who have liked the page. That’s because Facebook knows that you find the content valuable.
- Second, you can know for sure when a page you like has posted something new by signing up for notifications. Notifications are those little red boxes that show up in the upper right hand corner of Facebook. The ones that look like this:
You can receive notifications for a particular Facebook page by doing the following:
- Go to the page in question.
- Like the page if you haven’t already.
- After you’ve liked the page, click on the down arrow in the like box and then click on notifications.
That’s all you have to do. Now you will get one of those little red box notifications when that page posts something new. I’ve done this with the Facebook pages that I’m most interested in and I like knowing that I’m not missing any updates.
Now, onto the quotes. Here are the four you liked, commented on, and shared the most, from #4 to #1:
At first glance these quotes appear to be only loosely related to finances (although the Chinese proverb speaks perfectly to investing); instead they’re more about simplicity. But I’ve found practicing simplicity and intention to be so helpful in setting priorities for our finances that they are forever linked for me. That’s why I blog so much about simplifying and now talk about it on the Facebook page as well. (I share quotes more obviously related to finances there too, but the ones about simplicity seem to have especially struck a chord.)
Do you have any quotes that have inspired you in your Family CEO journey? I’d love to know what they are.