Tools I Use
This page contains resources that I have found useful in my journey as a Family CEO.
Some of the links below are affiliate links*, meaning they will earn me a small commission (at no extra cost to you). I never recommend products or services unless I have used them personally and they have provided value to me.
- When it comes to investing I believe in simplicity and low costs, and for those reasons I’m a diehard Vanguard investor. People who invest with Vanguard are passionate about the company. Here’s why.
Sources of Found Money
- Mr. Rebates* is a great source for online coupons and you’ll earn a 1% to 30% cash back rebate on what you buy online when you go through Mr. Rebates first. I’ve used Mr. Rebates since 2006 and I never shop online without first visiting the site. It’s free to use and you’ll earn a $5 bonus just for signing up.
- Ebates* is a site much like Mr. Rebates above. I usually check to see which site is offering better cash back before I shop. The current signup bonus for Ebates is $10.
- MissingMoney.com is a reputable site where you can check for money you may be owed from things like closed bank accounts, uncashed checks, insurance policies, and utility deposits. You can read about our experience here: How to Find Unclaimed Money (We Did!)
- Quicken* and Quicken for Mac* I’ve used Quicken money management software for at least 20 years, and probably a lot longer. I use it to reconcile our bank account and track our spending. I’m addicted to the reports feature. I also use Quickbooks to keep the books and do payroll for my husband’s business.
- It’s Deductible from TurboTax is a simple way to keep track of and value your charitable donations. Better yet, it’s free to use. (See how I use it here.)