Julie Mayfield is a freelance writer and blogger specializing in personal finance and lifestyle topics. She is the creator of two blogs: The Family CEO and Creating This Life. She has written for the U.S. News & World Report and Houston Chronicle websites and is a contributor to The U.S. News Guide to Paying for College. Julie has appeared in Woman’s Day magazine and on NBC’s TODAY show. She holds a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Kansas, is the mother of two young adults, and lives with her husband in Overland Park, KS.
In August, 2013, Julie and her daughter Lindsey appeared on NBC’s TODAY show discussing college costs.
The following sites and publications have featured The Family CEO:
- Personal Finance Interview with Julie Mayfield, Mint.com, March, 2014
- College Savings Plan, Woman’s Day Magazine, September 2013
- A College Story: Interview with The Family CEO, Teens Got Cents, June 2013
- A “Family CEO” Updates Her Kitchen, Hooked on Houses, January 2013
- Mother-Daughter Team Blogs College Advice, The University Daily Kansan, July 2012
- The Family CEO Blog Interview, Direct Banc, April 2012
- 15 Financially Fabulous Women on Facebook, Credit Sesame, March 2012
- Six Low-Cost Ways to Save on Your Holiday Gifts, Fox Business, November 2011
- This Week’s Money Saving Mom, That Coupon Mom, May 2011
- Top 50 Finance Blogs for Families, Career Overview, February 2011