Note: BCR, I’m having trouble reaching you through the email address you left. Could you email me through this link to get in touch? Thanks – Julie
First of all, thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on the giveaway post. The comments on this one were really insightful as to how ordinary people are dealing with the costs of higher education. They’re worth a read if you haven’t had a chance to do that yet.
Now, Congratulations to BCR for winning the $50 prepaid Mastercard from H&R Block by leaving lucky comment #1.
Congrats, BCR! Several things stood out to me about your comment:
- Even though your kids had some debt when they graduated, it was worth the effort to keep it at a minimum. Student loan debt is often treated as an all or nothing proposition, including here at The Family CEO. I love your real world example.
- It was a family effort. I would love to know more about that!
- Your family’s attitude toward student loan debt affected your kids’ life after college.
Good stuff! Thank you for sharing.
Weekend Reading Links
Here are some blog posts that I’ve bookmarked from around the web lately. Hope you find something here that interests you too:
- Make Sinking Funds Work for You – No Matter How You’re Paid. This is an old post at Simple Mom, but I noticed it because of my recent posts on living with an irregular income and creating multiple savings accounts for different savings goals. Tsh has a process very similar to my own. She even uses the same bank.
- Is Buying in Bulk Really Cheaper? Costco vs. Super Walmart. Travis at My Personal Finance Journey checks out the prices of some items his family regularly purchases. See what he discovered.
- 10 Frugal Tips You Haven’t Already Heard. Since I do a lot of reading about personal finance, I feel like I’ve read the same things over and over and over. And I have. That’s why I liked this list from Wisebread.
Have a great weekend!
– JulieNote: I'm no longer adding new posts to The Family CEO. I am, however, writing at Creating This Life, where we talk about home, books, travel, and other life stuff.
Click here to subscribe to Creating This Life or click here to visit. I hope to see you there! - Julie