This Article Certainly Caught My Eye…

by Julie on December 10, 2012 · 6 comments

The Rise and Rise of the Family CEO from a British publication called The National.

Here are a couple of excerpts:

Allow me to introduce you to the “Family CEO”, a title coined by IPC Media, a London-based publishing company, to describe the growing power of a band of women – both stay-at-home and working mums – over the age of 40.

That describes me and I’m guessing a lot of you too. Again, from the article:

We are the quiet achievers; the ones who keep the home fires burning, the bills paid, the family investments clipping along, the budgets on track, the schedules on time and do the leg work on price comparisons for household purchases, including the family car.

You can read the full article here.

Whether you fit the exact demographic (female, over 40) or not, do you consider yourself your family’s CEO?

Little House December 11, 2012 at 9:00 am

I completely agree. I am definitely the family CEO in our household. Though my husband and I discuss financial goals and large purchases, I pay the bills, make sure everything is financially in order, and plan for our retirement. I actually like being in charge of our finances. ;)

Julie December 11, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Ditto to all of that here too, LH. :)

Brick By Brick Investing | Marvin December 11, 2012 at 2:00 pm

While I am not a woman and would be considered the CEO of our household I absolutely appreciate and respect the women that are CEOs. My wife stays at home and watches our daughter, that is a job in itself!

Julie December 11, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Amen, Marvin. Staying home with small children is a lot of work.

Juhli December 12, 2012 at 12:30 pm

While my hubby and I make major decisions together and he researches things like furnace replacement, I do consider myself the Family CEO. I manage our budget, accounts and investments as well as pay the bills and do most of the financial research. We do annually go over where everything is and how to access all of the online things so he could take over if needed.

Julie December 12, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Juhli, your last comment struck a chord with me. That’s something I need to get better at. If my husband had to take over without me around, he would have a hard time knowing where everything was and accessing online accounts.