Combining Swagbucks and Coupons.com for Even Bigger Savings

by Julie on October 26, 2012 · 1Leave a comment

A couple of weeks ago I blogged about I site I like and use, Swagbucks.

Today I want to share with you an easy way to earn Swagbucks if you are a coupon user.

1. Log onto Swagbucks (the account is free to setup if you don’t have one).

2. Click on ‘Coupons’ under the ‘Earn’ dropdown menu at the top of the page.

3. The Coupons.com interface will load for you there, and for every coupon that you print and then redeem at the grocery store, you’ll earn 10 Swagbucks.

Here’s an example of how you can use this feature: for every 45 coupons you print from Swagbucks and redeem, you’ll earn 450 Swagbucks that you can cash in for a $5 Amazon gift card.

That’s an Amazon gift card you can use for Christmas shopping or as found money. You can also choose to use your Swagbucks for any of the other prizes in the Swagbucks store.

It’s not life-changing money, obviously, but it is free money for something you’re already doing if you’re a coupon user.

Note: This post contains referral links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

Bestmommy October 26, 2012 at 8:32 am

I am a huge fan of Swagbucks but have yet to use their coupons. Thanks for reminding me about it! Those Amazon gift cards have definitely helped Santa fill his sleigh for our family :)

Julie October 26, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I forget that coupons can be printed from there too. Sounds like you have a jump on Christmas!

Stuart October 29, 2012 at 2:34 am

Awesome post! I just discovered Swagbucks lately and it’s amazing, i haven’t started with the routine yet but i will be familiarizing myself with it when i’m free.

Julie November 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Glad you’re enjoying Swagbucks, Stuart!

Brick By Brick Investing | Marvin October 31, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I plan on signing up for swagbucks I didn’t know they gave points for using coupon.com I use those coupons all the time! And hey, any money/gift card is better than nothing!

Julie November 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

That’s how I look at it too, Marvin.

Wayne @ Young Family Finance October 31, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I love doing this with Swagbucks. The only problem is that they rarely have coupons for things that we actually purchase, and I refuse to buy an item I don’t need just because I have a coupon for it.

Julie November 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Yeah, you definitely need to make sure the coupons are for things you need and will use. Sometimes I find a lot — I’ve got some yogurt coupons in my purse for the next trip to the store — but sometimes not so much.

Lisa Standring November 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

Julie, this is the second time in two days I have seen a recommendation for swaybucks. It sounds great. I will check it out and thank you for the tip.

Julie November 7, 2012 at 10:40 am

Hi Lisa! Must be a sign. :)