- on Craigslist: My Weekend Selling on Craigslist,
- on Amazon: The Money Hiding in Your House: Textbooks
- on eBay: Top 5 Reasons I Love Selling on eBay
- at Cash 4 Books: Cash4Book Review
I’ve also written about donating your stuff and taking the tax writeoff.
But sometimes you get the urge to drag everything out on your driveway, put up a sign, and then trade your stuff for money with the strangers who drop by.
My mom and I did exactly that last month.
My net proceeds totaled $318. That went into my found money pool.
To that I added:
- A $65 fertilizer rebate
- A $10 check from Angie’s List for writing a quick review of our doctor
That brings this found money update total to $393.
I wrote on Facebook that having a garage sale is like the pain of childbirth: you swear never again until the memory fades and you think, “that wasn’t so bad.”
I’m currently in the “never again” phase.
Have you had a garage sale this summer? Or is the pain of your last one still too real?
Don’t forget you have until Sunday night to enter the $150 MirrorMate Giveaway. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post.