“This, then, is the state of the union: free and restless, growing and full of hope. So it was in the beginning. So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith.” ~Lyndon B. Johnson
Good Stuff from Around the Web
In case your holiday weekend finds you surfing the web, here are some personal finance posts that recently caught my eye.
- Wisebread has 4 reasons why you should support your local library. I love my library, but I’ve never really considered all it does for the community.
- Squawkfox has been in the kitchen cooking up 1 organic chicken and 22 healthy meals for $49 bucks. Be sure to check this one out if you like soups.
- Afford Anything show us how she’s buying a triplex in Supersize My City Apartment. I love her gusto and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Suba @ Wealth Informatics tells us when not use a 401k. New disclosure rules mean you’re going to be hearing more on this topic in the coming months.
- Recently I wrote about my experience in direct sales. Derek @ Life and My Finances has a two-parter about what network marketing has taught him. You can read them here: Part 1 and Part 2
The Family CEO on Other Sites
In addition to The Family CEO, I am a staff writer at Passive Family Income and a Customer Columnist at PerkStreet Financial. Here are my recent articles at those sites:
- 3 Things Bethenny Frankel Can Teach You About Money @ the PerkStreet Blog.
- Seven Summer Businesses You Can Start Today @ Passive Family Income.
Thanks so much for reading and for your emails and comments. I appreciate them all.
If there’s ever anything you would like me to explore on the blog, please don’t hesitate to contact me and let me know.
And for those in the US, I hope you have the happiest of Fourths!Note: I'm no longer adding new posts to The Family CEO. I am, however, writing at Creating This Life, where we talk about home, books, travel, and other life stuff.
Click here to subscribe to Creating This Life or click here to visit. I hope to see you there! - Julie